Ocean Pipe produces a range of precast box culverts that can be used for a variety of horizontal and vertical applications.
Primarily intended for use as a horizontal conduit where headroom is limited, precast boxes can significantly reduce the cost of a project by reducing or eliminating costs for formwork, dewatering, traffic control and curing when compared to the use of cast-in-place concrete.
Precast boxes can be designed for various depths and loading conditions including truck, railway and airplane loads. Similar to concrete pipe, precast box culverts are available in unique configurations including mitre bends, wyes, cast-in baffles, and manhole access openings.
- storm sewer systems
- underground storage tanks
- drainage culverts
- pedestrian/wildlife crossings
- utility chambers/corridors
- small bridges
- conveyor tunnels
Precast boxes can be designed to the following standards:
- ASTM C1433 Standard Specification for Precast Reinforced Concrete Box Sections for Culverts, Storm Drains, and Sewers
- CSA S6-06 Canadian Highway Bridge Design Code